* To access the EYA material online, you must agree to the following agreement after reading it very carefully
Education Youth Ambassador Programe by Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi
Terms & Conditions
Being an Education Youth Ambassador:
1. Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi (ITA) or the Centre of Education and Consciousness is a Public Trust entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out the Education Youth Ambassador Campaign in Pakistan as of September 2014. ITA has been actively engaged in education advocacy and research to ensure quality education for ALL as per Article 25 A: Right to Education of the constitution of Pakistan. Our Right to Education team shall lead this endeavor to select Education Youth Ambassadors in Pakistan.
2. This is a voluntary position and you will not receive any payment for acting as an Education Youth Ambassador. Unless we agree otherwise, costs and expenses associated with your role will be your responsibility. If we do agree to reimburse costs and expenses that you incur in connection with a particular event or activity then these must be approved at least 15 days prior to activity by us and please remember to keep all original receipts and invoices as we will need to see these before we can make any reimbursement. All budget approvals will only be provided via email or a formal letter sent via mail.
3. By accepting the terms of this letter, you will become an Education Youth Ambassador for the period starting from the date of signing these Terms until April 30, 2018. During this period, we reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to revoke your position as an Education Youth Ambassador, particularly if you fail to fulfil the responsibilities set out in this letter.
4. If after this period you have enjoyed being an Education Youth Ambassador and would like to continue in the role, you should apply again for the selection. If you do not reapply, or if you are not selected the next year, your position as an Education Youth Ambassador shall be revoked by us and you must stop performing the role, stop using the Logo, stop referring to yourself as an Education Youth Ambassador and remove existing references including all uses of the Logo on websites and on social media.
5. Being an Education Youth Ambassador entitles you to use the ‘Education Youth Ambassador’ logo set out above (the “EYA Logo”). We grant to you during the term of your role a non-exclusive (which means that others have the right to use it), royalty-free (which means that you do not need to pay us to use the Logo) non-transferable license to use the Logo (without alteration of any kind). For the avoidance of doubt, being an Education Youth Ambassador does not entitle you to use any other logo of ITA or A World At School or any of its affiliates, such as Right to Education Pakistan, ASER, Theirworld and the Global Business Coalition for Education, Inc. unless you are permitted to do so by us.
6. The role of Education Youth Ambassador and the EYA Logo must at all times be used solely to promote the aims and objectives of the RTE Pakistan campaign. You must not use your role as Education Youth Ambassador or the EYA Logo to promote your own political views or for any commercial gain or in connection with, any activity that might be encouraging violence, hatred or is discriminatory on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age or sexual orientation.
7. It is essential that all Education Youth Ambassadors adhere to all applicable laws and not to do, write or say anything that could compromise safety or create a risk to people (including you) or property. This is your responsibility and yours alone. The Education Youth Ambassadors campaign is designed to unify messages in relation to the child education agenda. It is supported and coordinated by the Right to Education (RTE) team at Idara-e-Taleem o Aagahi (ITA) but neither RTE nor ITA nor do any affiliates have the resources to oversee all contributions and activities taking place nationally in relation to
the campaign. As such, ITA and affiliates cannot accept, and hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, all liability in respect of claims of any kind whatsoever, whether in tort, contract, under statute or otherwise arising in any way in connection with the contributions and activities by you and other third parties in connection with the campaign.
8. We reserve the right to request copies of any material (whether electronic or hard copy) in which you use the RTE, ITA and EYA Logo. If such information is requested by us, you must provide this information to us promptly. You must follow any instructions we make in relation to the use of the RTE, ITA and EYA Logo. All goodwill resulting from the use of the ITA name and Logo shall accrue to us (and you should not apply to register them, or any distinctive elements of them or any confusingly similar word or words).
9. Where possible, content that we have not pre-approved including use of the Logo on social media websites should be accompanied by the following: “Opinions are my own and not the views of ITA. None of the opinions, ideas or content expressed here are necessarily supported or endorsed by ITA ”.
10. Being an Education Youth Ambassador does not prevent you from joining other organizations but you should inform us prior to such other membership.
11. ITA encourages Youth Ambassadors to be inclusive of each other at all times. Should EYAs wish to form groups within the EYA programme, they should get the permission of ITA before proceeding. Any groups formed should be open to all EYAs to join.
12. Any misdemeanor on forums you are representing Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi as an Education Youth Ambassador (Social Media, Online forums, Advocacy events, Training etc.) will be penalized and may result in expulsion from the program.
13. All activities being conducted under the EYA campaign are voluntary. If any Education Youth Ambassador feels he/she may not be up to the task they may opt out of that particular activity after informing us at least 10 days prior to the activity. However, the more actively you participate, the more likely it is that you will become an EYA in future years.
14. If an EYA feels that a proposed activity may be a potential threat to her/his security, she/he should immediately express this to ITA and opt out of that particular activity. ITA shall not be responsible in the event that you participate in activities contrary to our advice or these terms and conditions.
15. You might be asked to provide content or materials about your role or to support the RTE campaign or to support the campaigns of organisations that ITA may collaborate with from time to time (“Affiliates”). You may also post content and material to Facebook including on the EYA Facebook group. To ensure that ITA and the Affiliates are free to use such content and materials as each may think best, you agree, by signing this letter, to the assignment and transfer to ITA and the Affiliates of all intellectual property rights, both now and future, in such content and materials and waive any moral rights in the same.
16. During and after the end of your role as an Education Youth Ambassador you must not make any comments that are disparaging about, or take other action that might harm, ITA, A World At School or any of its affiliates, such as Theirworld and the Global Business Coalition for Education, Inc. or their respective officers, employees and members, or other Education Youth Ambassadors.
17. The terms of this letter shall be legally binding and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Pakistan.
18. If you wish to withdraw from your role as an EYA, you must provide one month’s written notice to ITA of your decision to withdraw.
Acceptance of the terms of being an Education Youth Ambassador:
I agree and sign to comply with the terms of being an Education Youth Ambassador for Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi (ITA) as set out in this letter. I understand that these are legal responsibilities and obligations that I will undertake in return for my appointment as an Education Youth Ambassador and the rights associated with that role.